Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

One...

One year.
Today is my one year sobriety and recovery date. So, I guess it's sort of like an anniversary. I am humbled and grateful to my Heavenly Father, my Savior, Jesus Christ, my bishop, my husband, my sponsor, my group, my therapist, and to all others who have helped along the way. I know I wouldn't have made it without all of them, but I especially owe this sobriety and recovery to Jesus Christ. He is the reason it is possible. He is the reason I don't feel lost in the depths of despair and darkness anymore. He is the reason I feel hope and peace and joy. He loves me--all of me. His grace has been, is, and always will be sufficient for me. It is sufficient for everyone. That is a miracle. Truly, the Atonement is a miracle. It is a precious gift from my Father in Heaven. I don't always see it or treat it that way, but I become more determined each day to do so. I have faith in Heavenly Father's plan for me. I have hope in Jesus Christ. I am happy today. Today has been an absolutely wonderful day. I know my days won't always be like this. But I pray with every fiber of my being that when they are not, I will reach for my Savior. I pray that I will turn to Him and trust in Him. He is the way. He is my way, and I will follow Him. I do not know where I would be without my addiction and without recovery. I know this weakness is a gift from my Father. He knew I needed it. I will always need it--to learn and grow and change, to become what He knows I can become. It is in my weaknesses that I find my greatest potential and my divine identity. I have a lot of weaknesses--so many that I have yet to really work on. But I know that recovery will help me with those too. I know my Savior will help me with all my weaknesses. I can surrender them to Him. He can give me courage and strength and light. His light and touch is in every good thing, and I am so grateful for Him. I have felt His arms wrap around me so many times in the last year. It is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. And I will not give it up. I am ready for another year. But I will take it one day, one moment at a time. For now, I will just remember what Jesus Christ has given me.
One year.

No comments:

Post a Comment