Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

My spirit and body

I have a theory...because of something I felt yesterday. I have been physically ill over the past year or so. It is nothing life-threatening (as far as I know), but it is uncomfortable, painful, and confusing. Yesterday I was in pain. And the thought came to me that my spirit was feeling empathy for my body, and therefore I was also in a bit of emotional pain and turmoil. That really made me stop and think. When I am emotionally or spiritually upset, a lot of times I have physical symptoms. I get headaches, stomach aches, nausea, etc. And so I wonder, is this my body having an empathetic response to my spirit? I don't really know. But I have a theory that my body and spirit have empathy one for the other. And for some reason, that gives me a lot of comfort. I am grateful for the connection and the validation. I know my body and spirit are one and they are me, but I often feel distance from the Holy Spirit, and I think, in turn, from my spirit. So, it is comforting. That's all I have to write, but I wanted to write it because I had a strong feeling about it, and it brought me some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment